NairnMPM is the open-source code engine in this package for doing material point method (MPM) simulations. It is object-oriented C++ code that can run on many platforms. The main calculations are parallel code. You run calculations by creating Input Files for MPM Calculations. Once the calculations are done, you have a variety of options for visualizing and analyzing the output.
NairnMPM does 2D, axisymmetric, and 3D simulations with a wide range of material types. Some of its features are (click each link for details):
- Supports latest MPM methods such as GIMP and CPDI
- Many material models including elastic, plastic, isotropic, anisotropic, viscoelastic, small strain, and large strain.
- Plasticity materials can use a variety of hardening laws.
- Simulations can include explicit cracks, do fracture mechanics calculations, and model crack propagation.
- Crack can include tractions laws to model cohesive zones, including dynamic cohesive zones in the wake of crack propagation.
- Cracks can add contact laws to model either frictional contact or an imperfect interface.
- Advanced multimaterial mode MPM with latest contact methods and contact laws to model material-material interactions as either frictional contact or an imperfect interface.
- Both 2D and 3D objects images can be directly converted to an MPM model.
- Advanced thermal calculations including thermal conductivity and accurate heat tracking to find internal energy, entropy, and Helmholz free energy.
- Coupled solvent diffusion calculations.
- Many archiving options along with global archiving and archiving to VTK Legacy files.
- Rigid particles for moving boundary conditions and special rigid-contact interactions.
- Many options for boundary conditions on the grid or on the particles (including tractions, heat fluxes, and concentration fluxes) and special grid conditions to create accurate symmetry planes.
- Several damping options
- Simulations in a gravitational field
- Custom Tasks for additional features